We usually talk about the risk factors, symptoms, cures and treatment methods of breast cancer. We emphasize the need to understand the important of breast cancer screening which is very much pertinent but another aspect is also equally important and that is the post breast cancer life after treatment. We need to understand that management of a disease includes every minor aspect and therefore this aspect can’t be neglected as it has huge importance. These requirements need a very deep and clear consideration while dealing with a breast cancer patient.
Things To Remember:
These important factors should never be neglected and should be given proper attentions in post breast cancer scenario.
- The post breast cancer management should be taken as a top most priority and should be added in the whole procedure.
- There should be special sessions arranged by the caregivers to deal with all the insecurities of the breast cancer patients.
- Breast cancer social groups should be initiated so that every patient and even those attached with them get a platform to speak their minds.
- Breast cancer screening should be continued as earlier to observe and look for the recurrence.
- Families have a special responsibility in this regard. All members of the family should realize the requirements of this changing scenario.
- Some patients can be hard to deal with or should say they may react harshly or show peevish attitude but people around should realize that they are going through a tough time. They may take a time to get back to normal routine.
- If a woman who has just recovered from breast cancer is married then no one else can be more supportive than her husband and it becomes the responsibility of the husband to ensure his support and care for his wife.
- The caregivers or the family members and even friends of the patients should show some extra patience to handle the things.
- The insufferable attitude should be taken as a temporary hurdle after the painful emotional and physical exercise a patient has gone through.
- Patients should be provided a chance to get busy in the activities of their interest. They will certainly shad off the depression and they will find new avenues to conquer.
- The social acceptance of the disease should be developing among the masses so breast cancer patients don’t feel themselves in any aloofness.
- If there are certain social or cultural taboos in a particular society, efforts should be made to change such myths. This might demand time but short term measures should be taken to dispel such negative approaches.
- Breast cancer patients need a very calm and encouraging environment after the cure and treatment phase. They need to start their life by meeting the small challenges. They should be encouraged to do whatever they like to do. There should be no comparison making scenario developed by the people around to discourage the breast cancer survivals. They already have gone through much and they need to relax actually.